What Is A Horizontal Carousel?
Horizontal carousels consist of an oval track with rotating bins containing shelves that deliver items to the operator. Often used in integrated workstations of carousels called a “pod.” This allows an operator to pick from one active carousel while the others are pre-positioning to be picked the moment the operator is ready. Every carousel uses one of the many integrated technologies to indicate the active carousel, shelf level and quantity of items to pick, making batch picking simple, fast and easy. They also can be used very simply for the hanging of garments – uniforms etc.
- Increases order picking throughput up to 600%, items are quickly delivered to the operator.
- Reduces cubic storage space requirements 40% to 60%, freeing up valuable floor space.
- Improves accuracy to 99.99%- Pick Light systems indicate what and how many items to pick.
- Reduce man-hours by up to 66%
- Reduce inventory by providing better management.
- Performs at 99.7% up-time. Rugged construction and design require little maintenance.
- Reduces inventory shrinkage by increasing operator accountability.
- Increased operator supervision – employees pick from a visible work area.
- Systems often provide an R.O.I. in 9 – 18months.
- Standard Drive – highly cost effective, durable & reliable system
- Heavy Duty – for non-stop 24/7 and heavy load applications
- Dual Drive – for fast heavy loads & mission critical applications & highly accurate positioning
All of carousels utilize the samestandard protocols to assure easy and consistent communications.
Highest Safety Standards
All horizontal carousels meet and/or exceed the proposed standards.
Only one hour twice a year per carousel.
Carriers and shelves are zinc-plated for longer surface wear,trolley wheel bearings are“sealed for life.”
User-friendly Software and transaction processor software packages track all items, and provides complete control of inventory and order picking.
From manually controlled and activated carousels…to semi-automated systems with inventory and warehouse management software, conveyor, pick-to-light and ergonomic workstations…to fully automated systems, Systore has the experience and capabilities to provide low risk integrated systems solutions.
Reduce Space Requirements Up To 60%
Expand internally by increasing your storage capacity to 60%in your existing space or reclaim this un-utilized floor space for more productive purposes.
- Shelves can be spaced as little as 2 inches apart for maximum storage density.
- Vertically stack up to 3 carousels to maximize the use of overhead space.
- Photocell sensors monitor pick face to prevent rotation when an item breaks the beam.